Meeting Room Booking System (MRBS)
Parent Page(s): Administrative Tools
Existing Faculty and Staff have always been able to manage room bookings using FASmail Resources, but what about students? Many units have rooms or other resources available for student use. However, without a FASmail account, students had no way of booking them. With the Meeting Room Booking System (MRBS), we now have a solution. This free tool allows students to view available rooms and book them for their tutorial sessions, meetings, collaborations and other student-centred uses.
- Ability to allow students to login with their existing CWL.
- Ability to restrict access based on student data (ex. only allow students who are actively enrolled in specific courses to make bookings).
- Require students to provide certain information in order to make bookings (ex. purpose, equipment requirements, etc.).
- Customize email notifications, including link(s) to modify or cancel bookings.
How can MRBS help me?
In addition to room bookings, this tool can be used to book one-on-one sessions with tutors, schedule assessments, and more. Below are examples of how other departments are using MRBS:
- Tutorial sessions: Students have the opportunity to more efficiently visit designated drop-in hours or schedule a one-on-one appointment with a tutor or teaching assistant.
- Language practice: Student-centred conversation practice empowers individuals to further improve and enhance their acquisition of language skills and increase proficiency.
- Schedule assessments: Coordinate multiple appointments for individual or group assessments, such as oral examinations or presentations.
- Collaborative meetings: Provide a space for students to work on projects collaboratively.
Contact us through the form below or visit us in person to find out more.