It is our mission to connect Arts faculty and staff with technological solutions.
We are happy to offer both in-person and remote support through email, web form, phone, and virtual drop-in sessions.
Hours of operation
In-person drop in, email, web form, and phone:
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In-person drop in, email, web form, phone, and virtual drop in:
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Extended exam-support hours
To help support you during final exam season, Arts ISIT’s Learning Centre will be providing extended support outside of our regular office hours from December 11 to 22 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. by phone, email, and virtual drop-in. In-person support and IT and AV support will only be available during our regular business hours.
Arts Instructional Support and Information Technology
University of British Columbia
Buchanan C113 – 1866 Main Mall
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6T 1Z1 Canada
Virtual drop in
The Learning Centre offers a virtual waiting room through Zoom to assist you, which can be helpful if you would like to share your screen, use visuals, or meet face-to-face remotely.
How to join the virtual waiting room
- Start a virtual drop in session
- You will be guided to a waiting room form
- Identify who you are and why you are contacting Arts ISIT through the form
- You will then see a completion page with a Zoom link to join the virtual waiting room
- Click on the Zoom link to enter the Zoom room
- Keep your browser open and be attentive to the Zoom room
When supporting you remotely, we may need to access your computer temporarily to apply any necessary updates related to your request. To do so, we use TeamViewer, a fast and secure all-in-one solution for gaining access to computers and networks remotely.
How to start a TeamViewer session
- Click on the button below to start downloading the remote support client
- Double click on the downloaded file
- You will be presented with a session ID, please provide this ID to us so we can establish the remote support connection
We recommend using our web form to provide us the necessary details to best support your request or inquiry.