Ensure your information is protected and safe with the right software and encryption and is following UBC’s privacy and information security standards.
We offer the following support for Arts faculty and staff:
Privacy and security
- Consultation – Providing an overview of UBC’s privacy and information security standards, and review best practices
- Secure configuration – Supporting the installation and setup of required privacy and security protection software and mandatory encryption of UBC work computers, hard drives, and devices
- Identity and access management – Assigning/Unassigning permissions tied to UBC services and access to secure information, and troubleshoot access issues tied to above services including compromised accounts
- Spam and phishing – Assess suspicious emails forwarded by users and advise how to handle potential spam/phishing emails (In case of a security risk, Arts ISIT escalates to the UBC Information Security Office)
- Safety incident response – In the case of a compromised device, Arts ISIT supports the cleaning/disinfecting of the device (e.g., malware, viruses) (In case of a security risk, Arts ISIT escalates to the UBC Information Security Office)