Lecture Recording for Instructors
Parent Page(s): Video Production
Seamlessly record lectures and share them online.
Lecture capture provides a streamlined method to capture, upload and share your lectures online. Key lectures or guest presenters can be easily recorded and posted online for student review. The speaker and their visual supporting content (PowerPoint, document camera, video clips) are published to fully indexed, ready-to-watch web lectures. We have classrooms available with built in lecture capture devices as well as portable equipment that can be moved to different rooms.
- Captures full video and audio as the lecturer presents.
- Records the visual content (such as PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) displayed on the presentation screen.
- Each presentation is fully indexed and slides can be text searched.
- Instructors can provide a link to the presentation for online viewing after class which can be viewed on various devices like tablets and smartphones.
- Students can toggle between different presentation views.
- Presentation can be configured to allow for live streaming.
- Instructors are able to adjust how often the lectures are recorded and the duration of each recording.
- Lectures can be easily uploaded for viewing on Canvas or the Collaborative Learning Annotation System (CLAS).
Built-in Classroom Lecture Capture
We are currently processing beginning of term lecture capture requests by order of when they are received. If you have not completed the survey, please send us an email with the following information:
- Instructor Name
- Course and Section Number
- Are you requesting lecture capture support for a class taught in one of the General Teaching Spaces with recording and streaming capabilities ?
- If you are in a classroom that is equipped with lecture capture, will you use the computer in the classroom or bring your own laptop?
- Will live streaming be required?
- What are the start and end dates for your course?
Do-It-Yourself Video/Audio Recording
If you would like to record or create audio/videos yourself, we offer a variety of equipment and software to assist you.
Record Your Own Lectures
Instructors can book equipment from the Arts Helpdesk and record their lectures themselves in the classroom.
Create Your Own Videos
To produce and record their own videos, instructors can utilize different video/audio production software such as: Camtasia, Snagit, Kaltura. For more information about DIY videos, click here.
Browse our equipment inventory to see the list of audiovisual equipment we have available for instructors!
Capturing Student Participation
Capturing student participation is permissible without written consent in videos as long as they are shared exclusively with that class in that term. If the video is to be shared outside that context (in a subsequent term or publicly), the instructor is required to get consent or to edit out student participation.
Lecture Capture Equipment in the Classroom
Lecture Capture support is available during business hours: Mondays to Fridays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-827-2787.
For strategies on engaging students who are viewing live stream or recorded lectures, visit the Supporting Temporary Remote Students Guide.