How to Safely Dispose of Electronic Equipment
Parent Page(s): Disposal & Donation
Computers and other electronic equipment should be ethically discarded in order to prevent environmental contamination and landfill hazards. They should not be thrown away with your regular garbage. To facilitate this, Arts ISIT offers a periodical recycling service and hosts a year-round cellphone and battery disposal station.
- Used PCs and laptops
- Used Mac desktops and laptops
- Monitors (LCDs and CRTs)
- Computer peripherals (e.g. keyboards, mice, cables, power cords, speakers, etc)
- Network equipment (e.g. hubs, switches, routers, etc)
- Cardboard boxes
- Instructional booklets, papers, and other materials
- Consumer electronics (e.g. microwaves, toasters, ovens, heaters, etc)
- Furniture (e.g. chairs, tables, desks, etc)
Please note that if your computer contains any Personally Identifying Information or sensitive data, it must be wiped before being disposed. See Arts ISIT’s data wiping service for more information.
Buchanan D basement, though locations may vary.
Once or twice a year, as announced by the Dean’s office.
All equipment under the recycable category above.
Arts ISIT has a cellphone and battery disposal station that is operational year-round. You can bring equipment directly to the station at Buchanan C113.
Buchanan C113, next to the Help Desk.
All used batteries and cellphones.