Collect data, analyze results, and produce eye-catching reports.
Qualtrics offers you many ways to build and analyse the results of online surveys. Its intuitive interface and powerful customization options allow users to create surveys with detailed question logic. It is easy to use and has many data analysis tools that feature sophisticated reporting options to help you quickly and accurately interpret results.
How does Qualtrics work?
Qualtrics is an online survey-making tool that is available to student, faculty and staff with an active CWL account at no cost. Simply log in to the UBC Qualtrics link above using your CWL account to get started.
How can Qualtrics help me?
Qualtrics is a powerful online survey tool that can be used to gather data, as an alternative to paper and pen forms. It eliminates the need to take time away from class for students to complete questionnaires to provide feedback to instructors and their peers. Qualtrics also permits the distribution of surveys beyond the classroom for other academic purposes, such as conducting research, evaluations, reviews, experiments, outreach, polls, and much more. Moreover, statistical tools and report generations are built-in, providing valuable information for any user to analyze survey results in user-friendly, customizable formats.
- Can be used to gather student feedback on their classroom preferences.
- Allows students to provide anonymous feedback on peer presentations or group work.
- Over 70 question types and a survey library of questions.
- Customizable survey templates.
- An array of question block, logic, and flow options.
- Ability to send survey recipients reminders and alerts.
- Surveys translatable into over 50 languages.
- Dynamic reporting tool.
- 20GB storage space.
- FIPPA compliant
- Easy to learn with its user friendly interface.
- Supports many question types beyond other survey tools.
Results can be easily downloaded in various formats such as Word, Excel, PPT, and PDF.
- Unlike other survey applications, no reformatting is necessary when response data are downloaded.
- Several control options for distributing surveys.
- No need to manually save as Qualtrics automatically saves while you are working on your survey.
- Inability to know which students have not completed the survey because it is not integrated with UBC’s Learning Management System.
- Inability to control how often students take and retake the survey.
Log in using your CWL account at https://ubc.qualtrics.com
Understanding the Interface
Use the Survey builder to create and edit your surveys. Create and organize your questions into multiple question blocks allows the application of a sophisticated survey flow. The Survey builder also have numerous style selections for customization of how you want your survey to look.
Adding, Editing and Deleting Questions and Question Blocks
Customizing Survey Flow
Customizing the Look and Feel of the Survey
Additional Survey Settings
Create workflows to prompt outcome tasks under certain conditions. The Qualtrics platform gives you a lot of options with both the inciting event and the outcome task happening inside the Qualtrics platform and some of which are outside (e.g., Google Sheets integration, Slack etc.).
Pick a distribution channel and a method within that channel to start collecting survey responses.
Channels: Choose from Email, Web, Social, or Mobile.
Methods: Pick from the available invitation options (e.g., email invites can be sent via the Qualtrics mailer or through your own email system). The options available here will change depending on the channel you have selected.
The Data & Analysis tab is where you filter, classify, merge, clean, and statistically analyze your response data.
Results-reports are designed to give you a quick and simple visualization of your survey results. If you want to create and distribute data with more customizable tables and graphs, reports is the better tool.
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or a demonstration!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|