How can peerScholar help me?
peerScholar is an ideal tool for incorporating peer assessment activities into your class, enabling you to increase the number and type of written activities, or even multimedia projects, without increasing your grading workload. In addition, peerScholar’s flexibility allows you to customize the steps in each peer assignment, including options for students to reflect on peer feedback and revise their essays before resubmitting. Read more about peerScholar here.
- peerScholar can be integrated with Connect, allowing students to access the application by clicking on a direct link, rather than logging in to multiple applications, separately.
- Student grades can be imported from peerScholar into the Canvas Gradebook or Connect Grade Centre.
Tips for using peerScholar in your class
- As the peerScholar tool does not incorporate a training phase, consider creating in-class activities or training materials to show students how to apply rubric criteria effectively, before starting the assignment.
- Set-up a sample assignment to become familiarize with the available assignment phase and grading options. Preview and test an assignment as a student, before making it available to the class.
- Give students the option to have the instructor re-evaluate their essay if they find the peer assessment grades unfair.
- Require evaluators to justify the grades awarded, encouraging them to think critically about the evaluation process and take their part in it seriously.
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT email@example.com for assistance or a demonstration!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|
- Preview of the Instructor Experience: http://www.pearsoned.ca/highered/peerscholar/tours-and-training/instructor.html
- Preview of the Student Experience: http://www.pearsoned.ca/highered/peerscholar/tours-and-training/student.html
- Research & Publications about peerScholar: http://www.pearsoned.ca/highered/peerscholar/success-stories/index.html
- How-to Videos: http://www.peerscholar.com/how-to-videos
- FAQs: http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/p/0/c/0/kw/MyCanadianCompLab/search/1
- peerScholar User Manual: http://peerscholar.com/peerScholar_UserManual.pdf