Parent Page(s): Scantrons & Online Grading
Gradescope is an online grading and analytics application that provides an online collaborative grading platform for instructors and TAs, particularly useful for STEM related courses.
Gradescope has the ability to create and edit shared rubrics, deploy artificial intelligence-assisted grading features, automate digital assessment and assignment return to students, and view grading analytics.
Designed to streamline paper-based and digital assignments, Gradescope supports variable-length assignments such as problem sets and projects, as well as fixed-template assignments such as worksheets, quizzes and exams. Paper-based assignments can be scanned and uploaded to Gradescope, for instructors and TAs to grade on an online interface that allows quick and easy rubric creation and feedback. Gradescope also tracks question and rubric-level statistics that can be easily exported to help the instructor gain valuable insight on student understanding of different learning materials and topics. Gradescope is free for courses until the end of term 2021W1 (December 2021).
- Quick and flexible grading: Create, edit and apply detailed rubrics instantly for standardized but detailed grading of assignments
- Gain valuable insight: Grading analytics and statistics can help better the understanding of class understanding and learning progress
- Send and export grades: Export grades as .xls or .csv files for upload into Canvas Gradebook
- Scan student work: Allows paper assignments to be graded digitally, and saves a copy for record-keeping purposes.
- Easy-to-use online interface for quick and easy rubric creation and feedback
- Supports variable-length assignments such as problem sets and projects as well as fixed-template assignments such as worksheets and quizzes
- Paper-based assignments can be scanned and uploaded to be graded digitally
- Particularly relevant for STEM subjects and other areas that require handwritten and hand-drawn responses from students.
- Gradescope only has partial integration with Canvas at this time, which means that instructors have to upload grades manually to Canvas until further notice. The LT Hub is working towards full integration with Canvas.
- Request for a student account and run a complete preview of your assignment before launching an actual assignment.
If you’d like to begin using Gradescope, please request a set-up here. Please note that Gradescope is currently operating independently of other UBC systems.
There are no webinars scheduled for Gradescope at this moment. If you would like a one-on-one workshop, please contact us via the form below.