With the Canvas app and mobile site, you can get fast and easy access to your Canvas course anytime, anywhere.
Teach on the go with the Canvas mobile site or Teacher app. Canvas works seamlessly with mobile devices so that you can communicate with your students, grade assignments or update course materials quickly, without requiring access to a computer. For students, the Canvas mobile app allows them to complete quizzes and post in discussion boards during class, enabling a more interactive classroom experience. The best part of the Canvas mobile app experience is that it is completely free for students and instructors. The Canvas mobile site and Teacher and Student apps take mobile accessibility and learning engagement to new level.
- Canvas Student and Canvas Teacher apps can be downloaded for both iOS and Android devices.
- The Canvas Teacher app is ideal for grading, communicating with students through Announcements or Inbox messages, updating course content and accessing course learning analytics.
- Canvas Student app allows students to view course content in Modules, participate in Discussions, take Quizzes, submit Assignments, view grades, access their Calendars and much more.
- Integrated tools including UBC Blogs, Library Online Course Reserves, Piazza, ComPAIR and Piazza are accessible through the Canvas mobile apps and the mobile site.
- Both Canvas Student and Canvas Teacher apps will automatically redirect users to the mobile website for tools that have not yet been integrated into the app, ensuring full course mobile access.
- Student app: students can hand in Assignment submissions, take Quizzes, contribute to Discussions and view Grades through mobile devices.
- Teacher app: instructors can create new Announcements, Discussions, Inbox messages and Grade Assignments and view Quiz results using the mobile app.
- Mobile website: functions similarly to the desktop website but in a simplified, more mobile device accessible format.
- Student app: students do not have access to the Rich Content Editor so they cannot embed Kaltura videos in Discussions or Assignments.
- Teacher app: the application does not give access to the Calendar, detailed Course Settings or the Gradebook.
- Teacher app: instructors cannot create new quizzes or assignments and do not have access to the course Modules.
- Pages and images do not display consistently on the mobile apps or site.
- Use the submission data in course Assignment details to get a quick overview on how many assignments have been graded, how many need grading, and how many have not been submitted.
- Instructors can look at their To Do list on the mobile app to quickly mark assignments that are ready for grading.
- The Canvas Teacher app should primarily be used for reviewing student submissions, updating assignments and quizzes, or sending announcements or messages on the go.
- Mobile access to Quizzes makes interactive, live testing in the classroom environment possible.
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT email@example.com for assistance or a demonstration!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|