Parent Page(s): Home Page Elements (Theme One)
A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Click on the downward arrow beside a widget area to view existing Widgets. The ones in use for the structure of the website are Frontpage and After Content.
- When you are done editing, click the Update on the top right corner.
- Go to Appearance >> Widgets.
- Click on the title of a widget area to see its contents
- Click on the + button to add a widget using the widget gallery. Find the desired widget using the search and click on its icon to add it to the widget area.
- Fill in a title for the widget, uncheck the [ ] Display title box, and select which pages to put the widget in.
- Add content to the widget using the content editor on the bottom of the widget.
- Click on the Update button on the top right corner to save your widget.
Warning: The widget section of the dashboard does not have revision control. Any changes made to the widgets are permanent when saved. Please back up the content of any widgets you wish to modify before clicking the Update button.