How can Studiorum help me?
Studiorum is a useful tool for facilitating peer assessment activities. It can significantly enhance course activities by:
- allowing students to submit written work on the front end.
- enabling specific submission comments on individual paragraphs.
- allowing instructors to create customized student groups for peer evaluations or individual submissions.
- allowing students to view and evaluate peer submissions and learn from different perspectives.
Tips for using Studiorum in your class
- Set-up a sample assignment to try creating submission forms and to familiarize yourself with different assignment options. Preview and test Studiorum as a student before enabling it for the class.
- Give students the option to have the instructor re-evaluate their essay if they are unhappy with their peers’ assessments or find their peer assessment grades unfair.
- Require evaluators to justify the grades awarded, encouraging them to think critically about the peer evaluation process and to take the activity seriously.
- Use group evaluations as a portion of the grade for collaborative group assignments or team based learning activities. Peer evaluations provide an assessment of how each team member performed in the group.