Adding News Ticker to your WordPress site
The News Ticker is a built-in feature that comes with all full-width UBC WordPress sites. Activating this feature will create a rolling ticker of short announcements on the homepage, which can include click-through links and colours for emphasis. The ticker can be used to broadcast deadline information, calls for submissions, and other text-based messages.
Please Note: This feature can only be used if you are using a Theme with Full-Width template.
Enabling the News Ticker
- Login to the dashboard of your website, then navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > FOA options.
- Scroll to the News Ticker section.
- Select Disabled to remove the News Ticker, or select the desired placement to activate.
- Select the category you will be using for the ticker feature, or add a new category.
- Click Save Changes when you are done.
Creating a Post for the News Ticker
- Login to the dashboard of your website, then navigate to Posts >> Add New.
- Type the content in the Title field. Note: the text editor should be left blank
- Under the Categories section on the right menu bar, select the category you have selected for the ticker in the Theme Options.
- Click Publish when you are done.