Inserting Google Analytics Tracking Codes into WordPress
The analytics data that is generated by the current tracking code will be disrupted when replaced with a new code.
Please contact the administrator who set up the previous tracking code and obtain historical data before inserting a new tracking code.
This Google Analytics for WordPress plugin enables you to track your site using the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows you to view key Google Analytics stats in your WordPress install.
In addition to a set of general Google Analytics stats, in-depth Page reports and in-depth Post reports allow further segmentation of your analytics data, providing performance details for each post or page from your website.
- Copy your tracking code and paste it in the “Tracking Code” text box and click Save Changes.
- Copy your script code which looks like:
- In your website’s Dashboard, go to Appearance >> Widgets.
- Expand the Header widget area then click on the + button to add a widget
- Search for the Section widget in the search bar then click on the Section widget to add it to the Header widget area
- Add a title to the to the widget, for example “Google Analytics Script,” and uncheck the [ ] Display Title option
- Check off the option [ ] Everywhere under the title area to add the script to all site pages.
- Scroll down to the content editor and paste your Google Analytics script.
- Click on the Update button on the top right of the page to save the widget
Now your site is ready to use Google Analytics! Note that data on Google Analytics is renewed daily and not instantaneously.