What is Home Drive?
- Why: You want to back up your files onto the UBC network, but you do not need to share them with others.
- Features: Home Drive is a private file storage service that is specifically meant for personal use. This service works just like a USB, except your files will be backed up once they have been copy and pasted into the drive. It is only available to UBC employees with an active employee ID and Enterprise Active Directory (EAD) account.
- Pricing: Free for UBC employees for up to 20GB. Paid options for additional space.
Using Home Drive
- Visit UBC IT to see if the Home Drive Storage Service is right for you.
- See the documentation on how to set up Home Drive for your specific operating system.
- If you have any questions or require assistance, see the FAQ or message us through the contact form for support.
- To access this service on multiple computers, contact Arts ISIT and we will help with the setup.
Restore a File
If you need help restoring a file or folder that you’ve deleted from your Home Drive within the last 28 days, you can refer to UBC IT’s documentation on how to restore a file or message us through the contact form for further assistance.