Grading: What Do The Different Symbols In Gradebook Mean?
By default, these are the colours of each status:
To find the chart pictured above: Go to the course’s Grades tab > Click View in the top left corner > Click Statuses.
Optional: you may choose to customize the colour of each status.
Legend of Symbols
- Grades for this assignment/quiz are currently hidden. Students are not able to see their marks, quiz results/comments, or assignment comments when this symbol is present. To make these items visible, post the marks for the assignment/quiz.
- This symbol means that there is no grade for a student’s assignment/quiz submission yet. Students are not able to see their marks at this moment. You will have to either a) give their assignment a mark, or b) finish grading their quiz if there are questions that need to be manually graded (eg. Essay question)
- An exclamation mark will be displayed in the Total column when the final score/total does not include an assignment group, because there are no points available for that group.
- For example: if there is only one assignment that was worth 0 in an assignment group, the assignment group will have no points. This exclamation mark symbol will appear in the Total column. Therefore, this assignment group is omitted from the Total.
- When clicking on the exclamation mark, it will show where the warning is coming from.