The Events Carousel is a built-in feature that comes with all full-width UBC WordPress sites. Activating this feature will create a row of posts on the homepage, displaying the post title, featured image, and excerpt. Though this carousel was first created for event posts, it can be used for any post category. For example, the Asian Canadian and Asian Migration Studies program uses the carousel for highlighted posts featuring student work.
Please Note: This feature can only be used if you are using a Theme with Full-Width template.
Enabling the Events Carousel
- In your websites Dashboard, go to Appearance >> Theme Options >> FOA options.
- Scroll down to the Events Carousel section.
- Check Enable Events Carousel Section to enable this feature. You can also disable this feature by unchecking the box.
- Select the category events, or add a new category that best describes how you will be using this feature.
- Click Save Changes.
Adding an Event
- Login to the back-end of your website, then navigate to Posts and click on Add New.
- Type in a title for the Post. This will appear as the “Post Title” in the screenshot above.
- Enter your content in the text editor.
- On the right under Categories, choose events or the category you have selected for the carousel under Theme Options.
- Click Publish.
Changing the Order of Events
New posts will always appear as the first event in the carousel. To customize the order, you will have to adjust the publish date.
- Go to Posts and click on Quick Edit.
- Change the date and time to adjust the ordering of events.
- Click Update to save your changes.