Editing the Homepage Image Slider
Parent Page(s): Home Page Elements (Theme One)
The homepage image slider is the first thing that appears on your homepage. Posts categorized as Homepage Slideshow will appear in the slideshow, along with the excerpt and featured image.
Modifying a Homepage Slide
- In your websites Dashboard, go to Posts.
- Click on drop-down menu All Categories >> Homepage Slideshow >> Filter.
- Click on the post you’d like to edit.
- Populate the following fields:
a. Featured Image – Click on “Remove featured image,” then “Add featured image” to apply a new image.
b. Excerpt – This is the description/blurb hat accompanies the image in the Homepage Slider.
c. Body of Post – If the image slider is set to link to a post, then it will display the content placed in the text editor box.
- When you are done, click Update.
Changing the Order of the Slides
New posts will always appear as the first slide in the image slider. To change the order, you will have to adjust the publish date.
- Go to the Post and click on edit.
- On the right in the Publish box, click on Edit next to the Published on date.
- Change the date and time to adjust the ordering of events.
- Click OK.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Editing the Image Slider Options
- Go to Appearance >> Theme Options.
- Click on Front Page under the left navigation menu.
- Under the section Feature Slider, apply your settings:
a. Template – Note that you cannot override the UBC installed theme.
b. Slider Margin – Selected by default. If deselected, a white border will surround the Image Slider.
c. Category to be displayed – Select “Slideshow” (all posts that are categorized under Slideshow will appear in the Image Slider).
d. Number of Slides
e. Link to Slider Image – Select “Remove link” on the slider image to make the images static, rather than going to the post associated with the images in the slider.
f. Read More Button – If the content or excerpt of the post extends beyond the alotted space provided, then a “Read More” link that goes to the associated post will appear.
g. Slider Speed
- Click Save Changes when you are done.