Making Announcements with Digital Signage
What is digital signage?
Digital signage refers to using LED, LCD, and other projection methods to convey information. At UBC, wall-mounted and ceiling-mounted LCD displays can be found in most buildings on campus. It is a high-profile electronic tool designed to improve engagement and accessibility to the university’s activities and services. Promote your event, display announcements, or broadcast work-related information to the entire campus or a particular Arts building for a specified amount of time.
Cost & Installation
UBC Digital Signage works with UBC IT to assess a unit's hardware requirements. UBC offers centralized signage software at a vastly reduced price, which means that a unit only has to pay for the hardware and its installation. UBC will also cover the cost of:
- Training for content creation;
- Training for software management, application, and usage;
- Software licensing, installation, and configuration;
- Tech support;
- Operational maintenance;
- Networking and server infrastructure.
For on-boarding, detailed information, and additional price estimates, please visit UBC Digital Signage.
Sample Installation Cost
Below is a price estimate for installing one wall-mounted 42" LCD panel. Installations vary in price and are dependent on the different usage scenarios of any given unit.
|Flat Panel Displays — 42″ Indoor Professional HD LCD||$1,225.00|
|Wall Mounted Display – Hardware, Security and Installation||$2,000.00|
|Small Form Factor Digital Signage CPU — Mac Mini||$950.00|
|Power & Data — Building Facilities (ballpark guess)||$2,500.00|
How do I display my message on digital signage?
Submit Your Content
- The digital signage submission form has moved! Please submit your digital signage through the “Request Communications Support” form on arts.ubc.ca.
- Visit the Arts Communications AIR site to review Digital Signage Content Guidelines and download Digital Signage Templates (CWL login required). Faculty and staff can request access to the Arts Communications AIR site by submitting a ticket to the Arts ISIT Helpdesk.