Parent Page(s): Scantrons & Online Grading
Crowdmark is a collaborative online grading and analytics platform that makes grading quick and efficient.
Crowdmark allows a team of graders to create paper or remote assessments, simultaneously grade assessments online, and share feedback with students in a completely digital format. Grading of paper-based assessments can also be translated into online grading through bulk scanning and a clever identification system.
How does Crowdmark Work?
Crowdmark is an online system for the distribution, collection, grading and return of paper assignments and tests. A typical Crowdmark process looks like this: first, compose an assessment and upload it onto Crowdmark. Then download the PDF template with unique QR codes and print the exams to distribute to students. Scan the completed exams, upload a class list matching the exams to the correct student and invite your TAs to join the assessment and grade. Finally, send the exams back to students instantly and review the data visually in Crowdmark. This web application turns manual marking of paper assessments into efficient, digitized grading through bulk scanning and a clever identification data system. It works best for paper-based tests and exams with short answers, drawing, and math questions. With recent updates, Crowdmark now also supports inline text responses from students and multiple-choice questions. Crowdmark is free for courses until the end of 2021W1 (December 2021). Find out more at Crowdmark or simply read on.
Create an exam and enroll students into the course.
Download and print exams with QR codes and distribute to students.
Scan and upload completed exams.
Return exams and grades to students instantly!
How can Crowdmark help me?
- Save Time: Research has shown that Crowdmark cuts exam grading time by 75%. Save time by digitally returning assessments to students instantly with the click of a button.
- Increase efficiency through collaborative grading on Crowdmark. Grade assessments with TAs online, saving time from manually circulating papers and scheduling meetings.
- Designed with the User in Mind: The Crowdmark tool was built by instructors, for instructors, with efficient solutions to their paper grading challenges in mind.
- Improved Student Outcomes: Crowdmark provides data visualization for each question, allowing instructors to easily analyze gaps in learning and improve student learning outcomes.
- Digital Grading: Grade anywhere, anytime on a mobile-friendly app or on your laptop. Annotations, comments and points in Crowdmark allow rich, diverse and efficient feedback.
- Two options for assessments for online or in-class assessments: Administered and Assigned. Administered assessments are downloaded and printed by the instructor while Assigned assessments are downloaded and printed by the student.
- Invite markers with a click of a button. Assign assessments to TAs to more efficiently manage the grading workload. Crowdmark also allows you to easily review other graders work online.
- Set due dates and customized percentage deductions for late assessments.
- A redesigned grading interface that will include grading statistics and a progress indicator.
- Can add points to comments, allowing easier, faster calculation of score totals.
- Option of multiple choice questions on exams that ca be automatically graded with Crowdmark’s Optical Marks Recognition (OMR) system.
- Marked exams and assignments can be returned to students digitally, reducing delays and ensuring feedback and grading consistency.
- Reduce error from lost or missing exams or pages. Crowdmark will re-organize any pages that are out of order and will match each page to the correct student.
- Ensures integrity: Crowdmark saves images of each assessment page to ensure that assessments are not modified after being marked.
- Monitor grading effectiveness and TA performance in evaluating student work.
- Online marked papers can be archived and made available for student meetings.
- Data visualization allows you to evaluate the learning gaps between questions and student responses and between course sections.
- High speed scanners (500 pages per minute) can process 1000 10-page exams in 20-30 minutes, once uploaded through a scanning machine.
- Crowdmark’s Assigned assessment workflow requires no scanning by the instructor involved. Students submit PDF or mobile phone photos of paper-based work.
- Give your teaching team different roles, each with different capabilities: uploader, facilitator, grader and owner.
- Arts ISIT staff can assist with scanning the exams.
- Use of the platform requires some initial setup. Canvas integration must be set up by LT Hub staff.
- Free access is available until the end of December 2021. Beyond this date, please contact us for consultation, as there may be limited funding to support large classes with multiple Teaching Assistants.
- Autofill feature/ comments library: Reuse comments from multiple student assessments to save marking time.
- Grade from your mobile device with the mobile Crowdmark Application.
- Any scanning errors can be fixed within Crowdmark by entering the unique code printed on the exam.