Creating Posts and Pages
Posts and Pages are used to add and create content on your UBC WordPress site.
Pages are hierarchical static content entries which have a custom layout for content and widget alignment.
Posts are dynamic content entries in your website which can be categorized and fed into pages.
Getting Started with Pages and Posts
1. Go to Dashboard > Pages > Add New.
2. Fill in the title of the post and add content in the text editor.
3. If the page you created is a subpage, click on the drop-down menu titled Parent under the Page Attributes section and select the page that it falls under. This will create navigation links above the page that will associate itself with the parent page and be added to the sub-navigation menu down the left side of the page.
4. Preview Changes if you would like to view the content before saving or publishing.
5. Click on Save as Draft or Publish to save your content.
1. Go to Pages or Posts.
2. Click on the title of the item you wish to edit. (Note: You can also browse for the page/post in website view and click “Edit Page” or “Edit Post” on the WordPress menu along the top of your screen.)
3. In the text editor, revise your content.
4. Click on Preview Changes if you would like to check your revised content before saving.
5. Click on Update when you are done.
Using the Text Editor in Pages and Posts
The Text Editor box will allow you to add content to a page, post, event, etc. There are many features in this area such as adding media, creating links, and more.
Getting Started with the Text editor
This allows you to look at the revisions to and backups of your content. Each time you click Save or Update, a revision will be saved. You can revert back to an earlier version if needed.
1. Go to the webpage and click "Edit Page"/"Edit Post" in the top menu bar.
5. Once you found the desired version, click Restore This Revision.