Connect to & Work with Tableau Server Reports
Parent Page(s): Teaching & Learning Data
Here’s how to find your Tableau Server reports
- You need to either be on the UBC network, or connected via UBC VPN if you are off-campus
- Go to: reports.arts.ubc.ca
- Log in with your CWL
- If you are trying to connect from off-campus and having trouble, do check that your UBC VPN client is up-to-date. See https://it.ubc.ca/services/email-voice-internet/myvpn/setup-documents
- After logging in, you should be able to see (a) project folder(s) containing your reports, which consist of multiple interactive pages that you can work through (pages are tabbed along the top of the repot).
How to interact with the data
These workbooks offer different tabbed interactive sheets and different ways of exploring the data. In all of them, you will discover that you can adjust the level of detail, or the focus of the report, by interacting with the dashboard by:
- Hovering your mouse over any data points displays popup windows with additional descriptive details about the data.
- Hovering your mouse over some column headers (e.g. Academic year, Department, Course) will display a ‘+’ or ‘-‘ symbol – clicking these will allow you to drill down (‘unfold’) or aggregate up (‘fold up’) the data
- Using dropdown filter menus at right allow you to focus in on selected years, courses, departments, etc.
- Using ‘sliders’ in some sheets to allow you to select windows of data.
How to print reports
You can print one or multiple pages of this report workbook to pdf or paper.
- First, ensure that the sheets of interest are filtered and focussed as needed.
- Click the ‘Download’ button at the top of your window.
- Use the interactive popup window to select the sheet or sheets you would like to print
- See http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/help.htm#export.html for more help with exporting/printing
For more help interacting with Tableau Server reports, see the Tableau User Guide.