Adding New Users
Users in CMS include anyone who will be able to access your website and its Dashboard, with different roles available to apply to each user.
Note: To invite new users to your website, they must have a UBC CMS WordPress account. They may go to UBC Content Management Systems (CMS) and login as a new user to create an account.
- In your websites Dashboard, hover over Users >> Invite User on the left menu bar.
- Enter the Email Addresses of the users you wish to add.
- Select the Role of the newly added user(s).
Subscriber – Can only manage their profile.
Contributor – Can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
Author – Write and manage their own posts.
Editor – Publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
Administrator – Has access to all the administrator features on the specific site.
- Add a custom message that will be included in the invitation email.
- Click on Send Invitation(s) when finished.
- The user will receive an email message to confirm their access to the website.