Sharing & Creating Videos
UBC Connect offers Video Share, a built-in a video-hosting platform that is accessible to any user with a Campus Wide Login (CWL). It allows instructors to easily upload and share folders within a Connect course and students to hand in video assignments online.
Why use Video Share?
- Video Share abides with federal and university security policies, allowing you to upload videos containing sensitive information or interviews.
- Copyright belongs to you or to the university, not the video host.
- Videos are public but not searchable online; they are only available to specific courses and to a restricted public.
- Videos can be up to 2GB in size.
- No advertisements.
- Technical support and training are offered by Arts ISIT.
- Upload a video from your computer or create one directly in the Video Share application.
- Users can make clips from existing videos or edit descriptions and tags from the application.
- Online libraries store the user’s uploaded videos, which can be shared with multiple courses and added to a content area.
- Users can organize their clips by giving them searchable tags and titles.
- Folders allow users to search for videos that contain specific tags.
- Videos can be shared anywhere the Connect Content Editor is used through the “Mashups” button (e.g. items, tests, assignments, discussion boards).
Supported File Formats
- Video: FLV/F4V, MOV/MP4/QT/M4V, AVI, 3GP, ASF/WMV, MPG/M1V/M2V, MKV, Ogg, RM, WEBM, ARF.
- Audio: MP3, MP1/2, AC3, AAC, Vorbis, AMR, PCM, WMA7/8/9, WMSpeech, FLAC, QDM2, RA, Nellymoser, Cook, GSM, SPEEX.