Parent Page(s): Scantrons & Online Grading
Utilize the market leading multiple-choice test tool.
Scantron offers a proven capability for multiple-choice testing. Its easy-to-use interface and self-intuitive forms allow users to effortlessly distribute and grade tests. It is an effective tool for test grading and analysis.
How does Scantron work?
Scantron is a multiple-choice test tool that is available to faculty and staff in the Faculty of Arts. It offers specialized forms which are filled in by students during their exam and then fed through a specialized Scantron scanning machine to automatically score, analyze and print data. Instructors create answer keys by filling in the correct answers on a form and scanning it through the machine first, followed by the students’ forms. By offering a specialized set of tools, Scantron ensures reliability and rapid, automated grading.
Order Scantron forms in advance and distribute forms to students.
Collect and scan forms with Scantron equipment.
Analyze responses with a built-in test analysis tool.
Export grades onto spreadsheets and upload onto Connect.
How can Scantron help me?
Scantron is an effective and widely-used multiple-choice testing tool that can be used to save time and energy grading exams. This tool allows for the rapid scoring of multiple-choice questions with feedback such as the final grade automatically printed onto the scanned student forms. The machine can also generate extensive analytic reports for the exam, which can be exported to an Excel file to review on personal devices. The full report includes results, student numbers and grades, answer distributions, question ratings, grade averages and histograms. After grading is complete, instructors can extract the spreadsheet of grades to be reviewed and entered into the Connect Grade Centre for students to view their scores.
- Variety of form templates available to choose from
- Rapid scoring and feedback onto scanned forms
- Built-in test analysis tools
- Self-intuitive, simple design and workflow
- Rapid automated grading saves time and effort
- Detailed test analysis capabilities
- Intuitive interface and a simple, single-purpose scanning machine
- Single application download means little to no set up time in terms of using the Scantron machine and scoring the exams
- Reliable and well-tested, market-leading technology
- Forms are expensive and must be ordered in advance to ensure delivery before the exam date. Datalink 1200 forms are compatible with our machine. They can be ordered here
- The forms are $71.98 for 500 sheets
- Must use the specialized Scantron scanner to grade the forms; scanner can be booked for use through the Arts ISIT help desk
- Not integrated with Connect or other teaching tools at UBC
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT email@example.com for more information or assistance!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|