Buying a New Computer
Arts ISIT offers recommendations for Windows desktops, laptops, and computer monitors. These suggestions offer great performance and reliability at a fair cost and are capable of running general office tasks. They also come with three years of warranty support from the manufacturer, including next business day parts replacement. For Macs, visit the Apple Store website for pricing or contact us for a consultation. Arts ISIT will also provide guidance on how to customize your own Windows or Mac computer.
Buying Your Own Computer
We support a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environment if you want to buy your own computer. However, there will be differences in our level of support.
- Warranty: We will not be able to arrange warranty work with the manufacturer. If there is a hardware defect, you will have to work with the manufacturer to arrange to have the item shipped to them for repair.
- Compatibility: We cannot guarantee that UBC applications or systems will work with your device, as it is impossible to test every device for compatibility.
- Support: We may not be familiar with the device you own, so troubleshooting and support will be on a best effort basis.
How to Order
- Select the item you wish to purchase using the webform below.
- Arts ISIT will contact you via phone or email with discounted pricing and to answer any questions regarding the purchase.
- Visit the Help Desk in person to enter your credit card information, billing address, and shipping address into the vendor’s website. The order will be placed using your own information.
- The vendor will ship the item to your specified shipping address. If the vendor is having issues processing the order, they will contact you. If you wish to modify or cancel your order, please contact the vendor directly.