Offered through UBC IT, FluidSurveys is an online survey-making tool that is available to faculty, staff and students, free of charge. It offers a clean user interface designed to be intuitive, yet robust with features to accommodate both beginners and advanced users.
License Agreement Update: The UBC Survey Tool contract with FluidSurveys will be available until February 2018. SurveyMonkey, parent company of FluidSurveys, has recently announced that they will be shutting down the FluidSurveys service. UBC IT is still actively reviewing our selection of vendors for the service, and putting together a migration plan to ensure that a new solution will be in-place before the FluidSurveys servers are shut down.
How does FluidSurveys work?
FluidSurveys is an online survey-making tool that is available to all UBC faculty and staff, free of charge. Survey data is hosted locally, on Canadian servers, making FluidSurveys an excellent option for conducting surveys that require the collection of private or sensitive data.
To create an account, simply sign in with your Campus-Wide Login (CWL) credentials at https://survey.ubc.ca and start creating your survey.
How can FluidSurveys help me?
Surveys are useful for gathering research information and for gaining insight about a course’s effectiveness in areas such as teaching approaches or learning materials. Surveys can also be used for other academic purposes, such as polls, reviews, experiments, and much more.
- Enhanced import and export functions to text, CSV, PDF, XML, and MS Word format;
- Compatibility with mobile devices;
- Ability to customize surveys by changing background and font colors, inserting logos, and custom CSS;
- Ability to create user groups and customize user roles to collaborate on surveys.
- Local hosting provides a secure environment when sensitive or personal/private information is being collected;
- Wide variety of question types with an easy drag-and-drop interface;
- Import and export options for survey questions and responses, with a variety of file formats;
- Full mobile compatibility;
- Customizable survey appearance.
- Lack of integration with existing UBC tools;
- Some customization features are incompatible with the UBC template.
- FluidSurveys is not integrated with UBC tools. Students will need to be sent a link to the survey via email or other means, and it cannot automatically relate survey results to student identities.
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT email@example.com for assistance or a demonstration!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|