Canvas, UBC’s new Learning Management System, enables customized course delivery, helping make instruction efficient and effective.
How does Canvas work?
Login to Canvas
Go to canvas.ubc.ca and enter your CWL information.
Design your course. Add course materials, create online assessments, enable communication and collaboration tools.
Launch the Course.
Start teaching and interacting with students on your site.
- Canvas’ user-friendly, flat interface ensures a short learning curve.
- Campus-Wide Login (CWL) enabled so you can use your CWL for convenient sign on.
- Multiple internal tools function intuitively and are easy to utilize.
- The SpeedGrader tool makes grading assignments more efficient and also allows for rich feedback through audio/video or text comments and annotations.
- The Course Syllabus page organizes course material into a time-wise snapshot view, drawing attention to upcoming course activities.
- Collaborative tools like Peer Review, Group Sets and Discussions allow for smooth set up of student collaborations.
- Mobile friendly design enables workable Canvas access from smartphones and tablets.
- Simplified interface makes extensive customization of course delivery difficult.
- Peer Review tools are not as advanced as similar educational tools, such as PeerScholar.
- Gradebook display and automated calculation features can be limiting.
Speedgrader allows you to quickly view, provide constructive feedback and grade submissions in a variety of document and file formats.
With this tool, peer reviews can be assigned manually or automatically, can be utilized for group assignments and have options to ensure student anonymity
|Drop by the Arts Learning Centre for a chat in Buchanan C105A|
|Contact ArtsISIT firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or a demonstration!|
|Ask us a question by filling out the form below.|